 CAD / Development / *8295 (-20)
  Re: Mac OS 8.6

Ray, Check to see if there is a preference file for macLDGLite in your preferences folder. If there is, delete it and relaunch macLDGLite. It should aks where the ldraw folder is. James (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

How about an LDraw DAT model reducer - something that hacks out the insides and leaves nothing but a hollow shell? This way you could port it to platforms that can't handle so many polygons, and also render in realtime. It would kind of be like (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac OS 8.6

(...) I'm having problems getting macLDGLite .5 to run on ... iMac 333Mhz / MacOS 8.6 / 160MB It launches, but whenever I try to render anything, I get a long rapidly scrolling list of files that are not found. I think it doesn't see the LDRAW (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  ldglite .94 on Mac OS X quirk

I am playing with ldglite on Mac OS X. One question I have for Don is the save path. I opened a file in the models folder. I saved the file and it saved it where I have ldglite located (my home directory). Is this suppose to happen? James (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Aren't all of these classes Abstract? I mean this is only a template for implementing a Class Library right? Are you planning on actually filling in the code also? or just defining the interfaces? (...) So far you've got a few more levels in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) > (Maybe not too much, let's keep it lean and mean.) At the least, I > think we should make the object model workable in C++, Java, Perl and > Python. (...) This is interesting. I wonder what we can do as far as making it both comprehensive (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Missing "New" button

While we wait to find out why there isn't a new button, anyone can post using the "Reply" button. (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Mac OS 8.6

(...) I am not sure, but it should. Easiest way to find out is to try macLDGLite .5. Get instructions for that here: (URL) it doesn't work, you may need to install the OpenGL extensions. There is a link to the installer on the webpage. If it still (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: A comprehensive LDraw object model

(...) Here's my first contribution, a rough outline of a class structure. *** LDRAW LINE TYPE CLASSES *** abstract class LineType - ancestor class for all line-type objects + class LineType0 - comment line-type + class LineTypeCommand - command (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  A comprehensive LDraw object model

Hey folks, I think we need to figure out a comprehensive LDraw object model. Something that can be presented simply, and easily ported to various modern programming languages. A comprehensive class diagram would be a great start, and some code to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

Hi Manfred - The link is fixed, thanks. -Tim (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Known bugs on the site and how to report new ones

Hello Team, On Ldraw.org I've just found another broken link: On the homepage: (URL) the left side/second from top frame that contains links to "Reference", "Download", "Community", "Parts Library" and lots of "smaller" links, a link named "Parts (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

"Sproaticus" <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message news:Gr99Iy.2DF@lugnet.com... (...) Good idea! I already felt the need for it with the few tutorials up there. (...) I agree. I am going to write a guide to the LDraw.org HTML format, citing certain (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)

(...) Wow...we're struggling just to get something to run on X or 9.x...now we have to support legacy systems too?!? 8?) Maybe we need a new tagline- "LDMC: Legacy-Free LEGO Modelling For The Mac". Seriously, I don't know how hard it would be for (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)

This is all great news!! Do you guys know if this will/could run on Mac OS 8.6?? Gary (...) <snip> (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)

Matt, thanks for posting that. I was too busy to get anything out earlier. In addition, I just wanted to add the following. Don has gotten ldglite to compile on Mac OS X and I tested it and it works. The steps to compile it are in Matt's email (the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDraw.org Tutorials - Categorization, Storage, Indexing, etc...

Okay, responding to my own post here... AND quite late, to boot... Here's my wish list for tutorial categorization: 1. Each tutorial should get its own directory. This prevents everyone clashing namespaces and working with ungainly filenames -- and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Broken FAQ item -- #27 (colors)

Heya, just a quickie, The color table on LDraw.org (1) is kinda broken, it seems to be missing the edge-color info. Compare this with the end of the old LDraw FAQ item #27 (2). It would also be cool if the color list were to list the LDraw colors in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDMC News Digest (To Get The Ball Rolling)

Greetings everybody! As a way to launch this new newsgroup with a bang, I'm going to digest some of the curent behind-the-scenes news from LDMC (LDraw for the Macintosh Campaign - (URL) ). James Reynolds and I have still held out hope for this (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Two new CAD development newsgroups: LCD (LEGO Connection Database) and Macintosh

(...) Todd (Admin team), The icon in the web interface to post a new message in lugnet.cad.dev.mac is missing! Matt (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact