 CAD / Development / *2445 (-20)
  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) More feed: It would be interesting to have a pool of similar-sized images that the server could select from to display when a visitor arrives. That way, it would be a different image each time. (sorry for the fractured explanation - what I'm (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Speaking of which, that 3002peye is one of those early mistakes that needs to be fixed. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

(...) I have no problem with LEdit using the installed version of piece 30359. That is the piece you mean, right? Email me the part file you have and I will check to see if it causes a problem. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) I didn't take a serious look at the site until today. He did a nice job at it and I like reading about the models of the month. Good system he has come up with. About the image, it was good for the page and for a header logo use, but still not (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: for sets that have 2 models listed can we submit only 1?

(...) Yes, but in this case, submit the main model - the model that is pictured on the front of the box. Sets that consist of multiple models being built simultaneously like airports with buildings, planes, helicopters, etc should include the entire (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Parts Update 9905

(...) there is a serious bug in 9905. using the laser piece in ledit crashes ledit. someone want to take a look at the problem??? ldlite gives a syntax error on line 126 for the part but there is nothing wrong with line 126 that i can see. (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  (canceled)

Simon Robinson wrote in message ... (...) and (...) Hey, those aren't "hollow space wheels", they're "podracer jet engines"... Frank (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) problem... in the above database, part 3002 is a 2x3 brick, part 3002PEYE is a 2x2 brick with printing of an eye). Frank (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) I'd agree. In principle, where bricks do have obvious uses you'd need to keep that use in the name for simplicity. After all, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find some exotic uses for wheels, but is anyone seriously going to suggest that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

John Matthews wrote in message ... (...) different (...) I think parts descriptions have to assume a "top/up" of a part, otherwise, we'll have really long names" "5x5x2 rectangular piece with one stud centered on one 5x5 face with hollow on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Correction: it would be bad to put each image *only* on a separate web page. Right? It really needs both (or multiple) types of displays. Here are a couple of crude, semi-working examples... * One piece: (URL) A bunch of pieces in a numeric (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Words can't be copyrighted (well, maybe supercalifrigilistic...alidocious can be :-) but trademark searches are free at the USPTO (but they're delayed by 2 months so that they can charge fees for up-to-date searches). USPTO search of their (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) It would be bad to put each image on a seperate web page. Right now I depend on printed parts catalogs, and having all the images on one page allows me to print them out quickly. If the parts were each on their own page it would make the site (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  for sets that have 2 models listed can we submit only 1?

for sets that have 2 models listed can we submit only 1? i am thinking of things like the 8880 supercar and the 5571 giant truck, which have 2 different models buildable from the same parts. can we do and submit one, the other one being done later? (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Just my .02 Sterling: This word might already be copyrighted and / or trademarked. How cheap is a copyright search? Also -- I kinda prefer the one without the "k". I guess it boosts our class if we're building with fancy Lego "bric"s rather (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: can parts authors try to finish what they have started?

(...) i remember that steve bliss made it and the part that was posted was close to being finished. what i was saying is that someone should finish the part because it is probobly 90% complete, not like the canoe and quarter saucer hill that are (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Darnit, I can't spell today. :-) That should be "Bricktionary." --Todd (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) As they say in Canada, Minnesota, and Maine, "O-ya, it's been parta da plan since day one." :-) Lots of little prototypes and mock-ups and discussions here and there. Sill a ways off from fruition, though. But I think it's one of the very most (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Sybrand, Since you're looking at an incredibly huge undertaking, be sure to seek out and make the most of every last bit of info you can find on the net about anything related to this. (But don't give up! :-) Here are some related things which (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact