 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 483
Re: 11-16 primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:35:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Don Heyse wrote:

I could update the mklist sources to work handle filenames with 25 chars

That would be good, I think.

I was going to add a quietmode commandline option this weekend anyhow.

Can you have two levels?  Level One that still shows the warnings, but doesn't
stop, and Level Two suppresses all warnings.

Should I allow 25 chars as the default, and perhaps include an optional
command line arg to force/truncate it to 12 chars for backwards compatibility
with old programs?

I'd keep the current line-format for all parts conforming to the 8.3 format, but
for longer names, print the entire filename, a space, and the description.  Like
this:

3001.dat     Brick  2 x  4
3001c01p01.dat Brick  2 x  4 Some Variation with Pattern
3002.dat     Brick  2 x  3

A backwards-compatibility switch is good -- maybe with option to truncate (or
not) the description to fit 80 bytes per line?

Steve