 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 479
Re: 11-16 primitives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:15:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Steve Bliss wrote:
One real problem is PARTS.LST.  This file is defined in a fixed-width form,
where the part numbers are only allowed 8 characters.  I believe some programs
(such as MLCAD?) depend on PARTS.LST.  So some backwards-compatible solution
would be needed to shoe-horn 21.3 filenames into the existing PARTS.LST format.

When the LSC updated the spec to allow 21.3 filenames, I don't think any of us
were aware that this would create a problem for PARTS.LST.  However, looking at
the file, there's a chance that MLCAD will work perfectly well with longer
filenames inside it.  The part name text for those lines would start out in the
wrong place, but depending on how it is parsed, that may not be an issue.  It
should be straightforward to test.

--Travis