 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 282
Re: How do I name this torus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:31:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Tim Romine wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Steve Bliss writes:
Maybe I'm blind (really, just ask my optometrist), but I don't see where
such a 'bagel torus' would be used on the jetpack.  Could you
elaborate/specify a bit?

Yes, I can.  If you have taken a look at the rough mockups I posted in
CAD/PARTS, you will see a reference to a subfile called "fettorus.dat".
This is in fact the primitive in question (although scaled up by a factor of
8), and it is used as the perimeter of the top of the helmet.  It seems that
in the LEGO Star Wars Universe, the Fetts have flat heads.  Maybe that's why
they're so ruthless.  ;^)

Doh!  Of course.  Sitting right there in plain sight.  If it were a
snake, it would have bit me. ;)

So let me know when the verdict is in, and I'll submit the primitive (in
it's corrected form, of course).

I'm going to go reply to Paul's reply to you now.

Steve