 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 279
Re: How do I name this torus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 00:57:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Tim Romine writes:
I've had to create a new torus primitive for the Boba Fett/Jango Fett
helmet/jetpack.

The radius for the center of the ring is one (of course. they all are, if
you follow ldraw format).  However, the ring cross section radius is ALSO
one.  How do I name this?  "t04o9999.dat" is as close to the right number as
I can get, although the radius is not really 0.9999, but 1.0.

Any thoughts?

Maybe I'm blind (really, just ask my optometrist), but I don't see where
such a 'bagel torus' would be used on the jetpack.  Could you
elaborate/specify a bit?

I suppose we should have thought of the 1:1 torus when we worked out the
name-format.  You can't win them all, eh?

Steve