 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 242
Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 07:53:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Travis Cobbs writes:
Well, I finally got around to adding the line type 5 lines to my high-res
sphere primitive.  (This thanks to the fact that Don Heyse incorporated code
from LDGLite to draw them in LDView; thanks Don!)  My sphere primitive isn't
the same layout as the standard one, but I personally prefer it; your
opinions may vary.

The data in the file is all computer-generated, and it's done to 4 decimal
places accuracy.  It would be trivial for me to regenerate it with a
different number of decimal places if requested, though.  In addition to
adding the type 5 lines, I also added a BFC CERTIFY line that makes the
outside of the sphere the "front" (same as the low-res sphere primitive in
the latest parts update).  Let me know what you think.

Looks good to me. Just yesterday I added type 5 lines to your low res version
and submitted them to the tracker. The diference in my version though that I
moved the type 5 lines from the very edges of the sphere into the higher
2-8, 4-8, and 8-8 versions , of sourse doing this with the high res versions
would add some quite a few lines to them.