 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 240
  high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines  [DAT]

Well, I finally got around to adding the line type 5 lines to my high-res sphere primitive. (This thanks to the fact that Don Heyse incorporated code from LDGLite to draw them in LDView; thanks Don!) My sphere primitive isn't the same layout as the (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Looks good to me. Just yesterday I added type 5 lines to your low res version and submitted them to the tracker. The diference in my version though that I moved the type 5 lines from the very edges of the sphere into the higher 2-8, 4-8, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines  [DAT]

Well, based on comments in some other threads, I came to the conclusion that the type 5 lines I had around the edge of my original primitive where wrong. I have now updated them accordingly. This version is the same as the last other than that. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Is that true for all three edges of the sphere? [snip] (...) [snip] I thought you were generating to 4 decimals? You know, like this: (...) [snip] Steve (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Excellent- thanks! Now I can submit my Primo parts to the tracker. Though the "same layout" warning makes me wonder if I'll have to rework them... -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines  [DAT]

Well, here it is again, with 4 decimal places accuracy for the whole file this time, instead of 4 decimal places for the type 5 lines and 3 decimal places for the triangles. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) 0 Hi-Res Sphere 0.125 0 Name: (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Yes. The standard sphere primitive has type 5 lines on all three edges. They are all necessary in order to work right (with the axis-aligned edge control points). My updated type 5 lines project along a different axis for each edge, of course. (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) The edgepoints are the same in both flavors of the files. So long as you are just adjoining your polygons to the primitive, you should be fine. Steve (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Very nice! It looks great -- I sat and stared at it for about five minutes. :) Did you want this posted on the Parts Tracker? Steve (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) Glad you like it. What's really fun is viewing a full sphere with the type 5 lines enabled, and then spinning it slowly. I had to do that a lot in order to verify that the lines were drawing correctly in LDView. Hopefully I'll have a release (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  6002.dat (Was Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines)  [DAT]

(...) What's really, really fun is adding the new sphere to this part and spinning it around. Still needs a few type 5 lines around the notches on the bottom though... 0 FILE 6002.dat 0 part 6002 round Panel 6 x 6 x 9 with Spherous Top 0 by Mark (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: high-res sphere primitive with type 5 lines

(...) OK, it's there. (URL) Steve (22 years ago, 8-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)