 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6134
  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) Travis it has to do with parsing. For type 1 lines and 8.3 I can simply use sscanf. Kevin (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) Sorry for posting to my own post. In particular if the "longer file names" cannot have blanks in the names, then there is no problem for LPub or LSynth. 20.3 would require no changes at to LPub or LSynth. Given that sscanf splits things up by (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) OK, that makes a lot more sense. LDView had the same problem with whitespace in filenames until I specifically added support for that. (LDView now gives you a warning when it encounters whitespace in a filename.) --Travis (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) misparse file names with blanks or tabs in them. (...) will be backward compatible and not cause problems (at least not for (...) I have no idea whether this could be worked into your sscanf usage, but it is possible to read whitespace into (...) (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) <snip> (...) Hi Jim, Thanks! I'll use it. Kevin (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature??? (scanf tricks)

(...) That's a nifty scanf trick. But don't forget, you might still want to (URL) trim leading and trailing whitespace> (tabs and space characters) from the parsed filename (and maybe even surrounding quotes). Don (17 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) I very strongly support allowing the inclusion of whitespace in LDraw filenames, provided the first character is not whitespace. Bricksmith has always allowed users to do this. When parsing a line, I get all the matrix numbers, skip all (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) You should also consider stripping trailing whitespace from the end of the filename. I believe MLCad and most of the other programs do this. Whitespace in filenames has been supported by many Ldraw programs for quite a while, but it does not (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Getting rif off the 8.3 nomenclature???

(...) I just don't want people confusing naming conventions in the part library with naming conventions in Linetype 1 part references. I was mostly replying to Kevin saying his applications choke on spaces in part references, which is something I'd (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)