 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5988
Re: Working the held queue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 03:55:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
I don't know who started substituting the part name with "delete" for files
already submitted to the PT but no longer needed after a rework but I
consider it a smart idea and took it over for this:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/4773a.dat

Please don't re-title parts to mark them as 'deletable'.  I say this for two
reasons:

1. Any existing review-votes will be erased.
2. It won't get the file deleted.

The only way to get a file deleted is to send an email to the admins, asking for
the deletion.  Send an email to the parts-admins at parts (at) ldraw (dot) org.
Just tell us what the file is, and why it can be deleted.

Likewise, as has been mentioned before, don't post hold reviews saying "please
delete this file".  The admins won't probably won't see it.

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3149c02.dat

let me know if someone want's me to set up a poll at ldraw.org:
is part 3149c02.dat "unneccessary" or "neccessary" ROFL

Unnecessary.  I don't think the fact that the file doesn't follow orientation
standards really makes it any harder to use.  Adding another shortcut file will
increase confusion, offsetting any potential ease-of-use gains achieved by
introducing the file.

Steve