 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5986
Re: Working the held queue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi folks,

flicking through he list of held parts at the PT I came across this part:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3004p09.dat

cross-checking with peeron http://www.peeron.com/inv/catpic/3004 or Bricklink
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?pg=2&catString=118&catType=P doesn't
say anything about a pattern. I really would like to see this part ripped from
the PT (also because the author is on the list of non-CA authors
http://www.ldraw.org/article/381 and his brick would ultimately be stripped from
the official library).

I agree - part deleted from Parts Tracker.

my next candidate:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3741c01.dat

my guess is that this file will hang in the PT forever. though I think that
3741c01.dat - Plant Flower (Complete Shortcut) is a far better name than
Flowers.dat - Plant Flowers with Stem Shortcut.

Agreed - I deleted this and moved flowers.dat to 3741c01.dat

I don't know who started
substituting the part name with "delete" for files already submitted to the PT
but no longer needed after a rework but I consider it a smart idea and took it
over for this:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/4773a.dat

(well mailing the PTadmin won't hurt anyway).

one of my favorites!

Deleted

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3149c02.dat

let me know if someone want's me to set up a poll at ldraw.org:
is part 3149c02.dat "unneccessary" or "neccessary" ROFL

I understand the intent, but think this is just one of those legacy issues we
have to live with. I see how holding a poll would democratic, but standards are
not easily achieved through democracy.

please report other examples of held parts that can actually be deleted.

w.

Chris