 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5783
Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 02:49:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Amnon Silverstein wrote:
I was worried that sub-parts will have a slight error between
the edge alignments, and this would put some thin cracks in the full assembly.
Is this an issue?

No, it's not an issue.  Within a reasonable amount of error, of course.  If
subfiles are positioned orthoganally to each other, there should be no alignment
errors.  With this part, that's not possible.  You can reduce the size of the
calculation errors by using more decimal places in the rotation matrix of the
subfile command.  Typically, 3 decimal places is recommended in part files, but
for odd-angle rotations, more than 3 places can be a good thing.

Steve