 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5768
Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:14:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
Text, as the file is still scrambled.  As for the part itself, you definitely
want to create sub-part for a single blade, and then reference that sub-part
8 times in the main part.  That will make the file a great deal smaller.

Or, make the sub-part be half of a blade, and reference it 16 times.

I thought about suggesting that, but unless you skip the polygons around the
outside of the blade, (and put them into a higher-level "full blade" sub-part),
this will add new polygons, since the polygons around the outside of the blade
span both sides of the proposed cut line.  I personally don't believe that the
file-size savings are worth adding a bunch of extra polygons, but other people
might disagree.  Pulling the spanning polygons out into a higher sub-file would
produce the smallest possible file with the same number of polygons, but it
would take more work.

--Travis