 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5779
Re: New Part: x784 Technic Gear Hailfire Droid Wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 17:46:12 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Amnon Silverstein wrote:
Tonight I hammered out the Droid Wheel Gear. I used lots of sub parts, and I
think it is pretty efficient, especially considering how many fins and teeth
this thing has!
I will post the dats in a follow up in plain text.

<<http://popbubble.com/Lego/LDraw/HailfireGear.jpg>>
<<http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/x784.1067198462.jpg>>

Thanks a lot! Many people including me waited for this part...

I have a few problems with it though:
- The first subpart has a wrong download name (lugnet.cad.dat.parts:5772), the
name inside dat file is wrong too (0 Name: x784.dat0)
- I don't see the internal rim (maybe I'm missing some primitive, but I saw no
reference in your files)
- Is the path (in x784s03) ..\p\tooth24.dat correct? shouldn't it simply refer
to tooth24.dat?

Philo

I wasn't sure how to handle primative paths. I'll try it without a path and see
if it works.

The internal rings are attached to the fin in the x784s01.dat sub-part. That
sub-part is really sort of a cross secton of everything except the teeth, and to
make the whole wheel I have a bunch of units of the cross section in a ring, and
then I add teeth to the inside.

I'll fix the filename.

Thanks for the feedback!!

P.S.
I have been having more trouble with this mailing list than I have with parts
authoring. I had to switch to IE for this list, since Firefox seems to be having
trouble. And the error feedback is very confusing. My mail is often rejected for
vague reasons, and the certifying procedure for each message is making me nuts.
Does a list about Lego really need that level of security?!
I swear that I am not submiting a fradulant drawing of a little Lego guy! For
the hundredth time I swear it already!

Regards,
Amnon