 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5603
Re: BBB wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford wrote:

   I think it should be possible to reduce the size by a factor of at least 10, I • will post my efforts here (and send them to Ben) when complete.

Hi,

I wonder what would happen if:
  1. I converted the BBB file back into 3DS format with 3DWin
  2. Opened it in MAX and exported as ASE
  3. Ran it through Stefan Gustavson’s new ase2dat converter?
http://www.itn.liu.se/~stegu/lego/ase2dat/

I wonder how the file size would compare..

Yeah, I know, a long workaround that requires a few thousand dollars of software.. But for a non-ldraw author like me (who has the software), what the hey? I’ll give it a shot when I get the chance..

Darrell