 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5046
Re: File Size Concerns ( Was Re: Animal Tail Section end (NEW))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:33:32 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

I agree again.  The point I was trying to make is size concerns
should not be the only reason to redo a quality[1] part. The size
of a part should be secondary to achieving a faithful reproduction
of the part.

-Orion
[1]  Quality in this context means error free and ready for certification

I agree. If I would reduce the decimal points the size would be reduced by
20k but then I get a lot of not coplanar vertices so that these needs to be
split (increeses size) or have to store with the numbers. But the neighbour
vertices needed to have the same decimal-point and so on...

So there wouldn't be a real file-size-reduction.

CU Bernd