 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5047
Re: New Part: 3035p01.dat - confirmation, it exists!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:31:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Clark Stephens wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:
Could be somebody painted the red side to fit in with the rounded "wing" from
some gas station set? But I think it's real.

0 Plate  4 x  8 with Red Side
0 Name: 3035p01.dat
0 Author: Tore Eriksson
0 Author: James Jessiman (Original LDraw Part)

Yes it does exist. It was factory painted to match the wing. It's from set 310.
I have a picture of that set MIB showing both parts with red edge paint. Gary
Istok also mentions it: http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=28015.

Interesting to me is the years Gary mentioned. The plate you modeled is a tube
bottom. I didn't think tube plates arrived until 1963 or so. Do you know if
your
plate is CA, or ABS?

Clark

Thanks Clark!

Too bad that geocities.jp link is dead.

That would have been so much easier to tell if the part had been red... Well, I
think it is ABS. No sign of misforming, I'd say the stud logo is late 60's,
higher and more modern than the three shown at:

Even my wing is tubed, just like the pic at:

This should mean that there is at least one plate size with two painted sides,
for the  three not rounded corners? Correct?

Interesting, in deed...

/Tore