 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4415
Re: Classic Windows: How many versions? Please respond!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:14:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Karsdorp writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
Are the long ledge versions older than the short ledge versions?

Yes.

Why not have the oldest version 'a' and the newer version 'b', etc.

You're right. I thought that the 'a' version was the version most likely to
be used, but now, looking at tiles and 1x1 round bricks, I noticed that my
theory fell.

The window frame and the glass are actually two seperate parts,
glued together. When making the glassed version of the 7930 door.
I have been told to create a new part for the glass, currently
x268.dat and 7930c01 for a combination of the door 7930.dat and
glass x268.dat.

Oh no, so the 7930 door also exists in a without-glass version? I was
happily unaware of that. Anyway, I strongly doubt that the *glass* exists
without door (except from after accidents), therefor the glass is NOT a
separate part and the glassed door is NOT an assembly! The unglassed door
(if it exists?) is a sad variant and definitely not the standard form. I
have seven pcs of 7930 doors, all with glasses.

If you could move the glass realtive to its frame, it would have been
different and we would need the glass as a separate part, but now it's glued
and become a part of the one part.

There is the Door  1 x  3 x  4 and appearantly there is also a variant that
should be called Door  1 x  3 x  4 without Glass - even if I've never seen one.

I'm curious about Chris Dee's and Steve Bliss' opinion about this
windows issue?

Niels

I'd like to hear when and why Steve and Chris are going to use that x268.dat
separated from its context and put into a new!

Likes these windows a lot! (as many more of the old parts)

Me too, that's why I don't like the way they are treated in the LDraw library.
/Tore