 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4249
Re: 1381 Vampire Crypt figs (and garlic tile)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:27:32 GMT

Steve did get back to me (in fact we exchanged lots of mail today) and here
is the first part, the "dapper hero" torso or (per Peeron):
"Minifig Torso with Three Piece Suit and white Shirt and Red Tie"

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/973pdb.dat

pattern code range D has been assigned to Studios by Chris Dee and Steve,
and Steve sent a list of codes. I'll let him post it.

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek writes:

(with him I need some clues.. what color number to use for his gold and for
his maroon/dark read)

Gold is 334 and dark red is 320.  Eventually, you'll need to put the gold
elements in one subfile, and the dark red elements in another subfile
(except for gold/dark red areas that are modeled with primitive files).

quad2dat does this for you automagically. Pretty cool! At least it did for
my first part. Haven't tried it for a part with two dithered colors yet.

I am sorry, I cannot do the heads though, I would leave that to someone more
talented than me.

Could you do the heads as flat patterns, if there was a way to project them
onto the minifig heads?

quad2dat's author clearly is already thinking about this as there is a flat
pattern template for the head (what you would get if you unfolded the head
surfaces) but trying to use it gets you a crash...

++Lar