 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4128
Re: x342: ~Technic Flex-System End
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Very interesting parts!

8?)

I have a couple of comments, though.  Perhaps the name "Technic
Flex-System Wire" would be more appropriate?  We already have "Technic
Flex-System Hose" elements (76.DAT and 77.DAT), so I think that adding
"Wire" makes sense.

Good idea! But thinking about it, the "aussie" word that works best is
probably "cable", so maybe I'll use that.

I would also like to see that the orientation of your wire elements
match the orientation of the existing hose element, as they may very
well be used in conjuction.  On the other hand, I can see that you would
like to see the orientation of the wire ends match the insertion
orientation of the connector elements.  What do you think?

Can do! Only reason its different is because Miguel's connector(s) are
oriented that way & I was too lazy to change it! But it's easy to re-orient
that too, so I've done that, the updated files are at
http://www.ozbricks.com/bre/etc/flex1.zip

Note that the BFC issue hasn't been addressed yet in these versions.

I am in the process of adding a function to compose a curved flex-system
wire using LDraw-mode (which is very easy), but I would like to see that
the orientation issue gets resolved first.

Cool! Hope this update helps!

ROSCO