 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4129
Re: x345: Technic Flex System Ball Connector (closed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford writes:
I'm confused - how do I decide the winding of type 3 & 4 objects? I switched >on mytest6 in L3Lab, and they all display blue.

I found your problem.  Run a L3P -check test on your part, all the quads
with bad vertex sequence errors will show up as blue under mytest6.  Fix the
errors with the quads and L3Lab will correctly show eithr red or green.
This goes for your other parts you posted as well

Hmmm. I tried that with a few quads (I'll fix them all soon) but it made no
difference - they're still all blue.

ROSCO

I'm a dummy.  I overanalyzed the problem.  Here's the solution:

The BFC CERTFY statement dosen't have a CW or CCW.  If add CW or CCW
everything will show up as expected.  You still have to fix the bad vertex
sequences and row all 0 warnings though.

-Orion