 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4107
Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Damien Guichard writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Damien Guichard writes:
Why not "Minifig Loudhailer" ?
It applies to both town and space themes and is certainly the initial intent
of TLG.

Damien

Sorry, I made a stupid confusion with part 4349.
My proposal name for 3959 is "Minifig Torch".

Ha!  :)  That's a very good idea, IMO.  Although many US'ians won't get the
possible double-reference.

Err, this part *has* been used as a flashlight, right?

Steve

Yes, "Torch" is best to cover both horizontal usage and vertical usage.
It has been used as a flashlight but mostly in my imagination as I can't
exibit a 1980s town set proving that. Personnaly, I view it as a flashlight
in any space set. It has also been used as a hairdrier in 6000 ideas book.
And as a stabilizer in many vehicules. And has also many other ad-hoc usages.
Actually I would prefer any name rather than "Laser Gun".

The same applies to 4360 "Space Laser Gun with Side Sight".
My proposal name for 4360 is "Minifig Camera TV" as it is in town set 6659
and as I view it in any space set. Of course the name change is cosmetic and
does not imply than classic space is (or should be view as) a pacific theme.
Just my vote.

Damien