 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4096
Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:02:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:

Since this part is on the PT, I thought I'd add the ribs.  I used cone
primitives (1-4con7 and 1-4con8, both on the PT) but if someone wants to
supply me with appropriate torus primitive I'll use those.  Please let me
know if this is change of any value.

If I'm remembering the part right (sorry, I don't have one handy), I'd
definitely want to use torii for the ribs.  If you ask Paul Easter
nicely, he might generate the file for you.

Since we are going away from theme specific names, I think a part title
change is warrented.  This will not affect any models, since the orientation
will not be affected.  Any ideas?

No ideas here, and I've been thinking about it for over a year.
Although changing the header to ...

0 Minifig Space Gun
0 Name: 3959.dat
0 Author: James Jessiman
0 Original LDraw Part
0 Official L-Cad update 99-03

0 CATEGORY Minifig Accessory
0 KEYWORDS bar, rod, round, blaster, torch

... would be a start.

Steve

Why not "Minifig Loudhailer" ?
It applies to both town and space themes and is certainly the initial intent
of TLG.

Damien