 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4092
  Part Fix 3959 Space Gun  [DAT]

Since this part is on the PT, I thought I'd add the ribs. I used cone primitives (1-4con7 and 1-4con8, both on the PT) but if someone wants to supply me with appropriate torus primitive I'll use those. Please let me know if this is change of any (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) Tough call. . .the Bar hierarchy makes the most sense from a geometrical standpoint, but this seems like a Minifig Accessory. BTW, shouldn't there be a keyword "torch", since that is, in fact, what most Castle folks would recognize it as? (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) If I'm remembering the part right (sorry, I don't have one handy), I'd definitely want to use torii for the ribs. If you ask Paul Easter nicely, he might generate the file for you. (...) No ideas here, and I've been thinking about it for over (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) Why not "Minifig Loudhailer" ? It applies to both town and space themes and is certainly the initial intent of TLG. Damien (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) Sorry, I made a stupid confusion with part 4349. My proposal name for 3959 is "Minifig Torch". Damien (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) Ha! :) That's a very good idea, IMO. Although many US'ians won't get the possible double-reference. Err, this part *has* been used as a flashlight, right? Steve (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun  [DAT]

I redid the part using torus primitives. I think it looks better w/ torii for the handle and cones for the large end cylinder. Also, the large end torii would look a little better if I had a t0401250 primitive but I couldn't find one. As for the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) I'm not sure if this needs realy torii. I can live with cones because the details are so fine that it's not neccassary to use torii. For the name I suggest "Minifig Torch". It's a understandable name. Space gun is to one-sided. 0 Minifig Torch (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) Yes, "Torch" is best to cover both horizontal usage and vertical usage. It has been used as a flashlight but mostly in my imagination as I can't exibit a 1980s town set proving that. Personnaly, I view it as a flashlight in any space set. It (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) I want to reopen this discussion for two reasons. 1) We are having a "discussion" on parts tracker about this part. That's the wrong way to do things, in my view. I placed a hold, the current author responded with counter arguments and we now (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) I'd really rather not. (...) Definitely agree with you there. (...) Argh. This has got to stop. Please, people! The Parts Tracker is not a discussion blog. Don't use it for conversations! (...) I'm not sure where that idea came from. (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun

(...) You have to think to the non native english speaking people. So words have mostly both meanings. The UK and the US one. (...) A lot of parts wouldn't be find in the library if the names has such a name. CU Bernd (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Right now it seems to be listed on the parts tracker as "Bar 1.5L with Handle and Female Stud". I just added a PARTS.LST search capability to ldglite: (URL) there's nothing in that name that would help me narrow the search to find the part. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Don Heyse wrote: <snip> (...) The PT currently limits you to, I think, 64 characters in the part name. I don't know wht this limit is imposed. I just test LEDIT with a long name and it didn't care. --Orion (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Actually, I looked a bit further in the mklist.c code and it will READ up to 200 chars of part description, but then it truncates down to 64 chars before writing the part file. Apparently this is to be compatible with the old MAKELIST.EXE and (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) LDList makes a partlist of it's own, and saves the keywords too. You can search for a part by AND-ing separate words, or exact quote. (URL) (Both .exe and Delphi source) You're free to use any ideas you can get from it. -- Anders Isaksson, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: PARTS.LST searching. (Was: Re: Part Fix 3959 Space Gun)

(...) Heh, I already borrowed the idea of narrowing the search as you type from ldlist. I also already added drag and drop support from ldlist. But I need a better screen shot to show that in action. (URL) now that I think about it, I should (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDDP plugin API suggestion.

(...) It looks like ldlist gets the LDRAW path from the LDRAWDIR environment variable, and this made me think about the LDDP plugin API. Doesn't it make sense to pass the LDRAW path to the plugin via an argument to the ProcessText() fn? This way the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)