 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3562
3561  |  3563
Subject:
Baseplates with pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:38:15 GMT

Dear All,
Next my question to you reffers to part I've already started. It is
baseplate from the set 5978. It is similar to part 6092px1 I found in peeron.com
(http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6092px1.htm). Form is the same, but color
and pattern are different. It is rather complicated and difficult part, I
think, but the main problem and question to you is as follows:
How to create part with pattern if borders between colors go across studs?
In reality there is a lot of this kind of parts. Without pattern sometimes
they are very simple like "Baseplate 16x16" 3867.dat. What about baseplate
from the set 6260 (Shipwreck Island) with irregular island outline? It is
Baseplate 16x16, but pattern ...
Creating very specific studs, which can be used only in one part and maybe
only in one specific place - is it right solution? Could be any influence of
this solution on renderings of this parts?

Do you have any ideas? I don't belive that you gave up.

Regards

Marek