 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3569
Re: Baseplates with pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:16:28 GMT

That would work but... what if you want to render the base with the Lego
logo on the studs?  L3P and LDView use the stud primitve to determine Lego
logo placement.  I could live with no Lego logo on some studs but for those
who insist on perfection this wouldn't be acceptible.  The only quick way I
can see is a file specification extension. Something like:

1.) if the stud is covered by a reusable primitive (i.e. something that
would be useful to have around for reuse in another part) then submit it as
a new stud primitive
2.) if inlineing the stud is neccesary, put some sort of meta-command like 0
STUD and 0 END STUD that could be picked up by L3P/LDView

- Orion

P.S. In the process of writing this I came upon another problem:
It's all fine and dandy to add these commands but how would L3P/LDView know
how to divide the logo colors?  Oh well....  The STUD meta-command would
still be useful for the Connectivity Database.