 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3563
Re: Patterned tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:06:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Marek Idec writes:
Dear All,
I've just started my adventure with creating of LDraw parts. I plan to send
you my first parts for your evaluation. However I have some questions now. I
send them in successive e-mails.
My plans are to create some parts from the set 5978 (Sphynx Secret
Surprise). There are several tiles (1x2, 2x2, 1x4) with patterns. One tile
I've already finished - car number-plate (HC514) and I suppose to send it to
lugnet.cad.dat.parts soon. How should I number those parts? Is there any
rule determining pattern number? Is there any persons, who keeps parts
numbers consistent?
Regards
Marek

There is useful reference material on ldraw.org.
How we allocate part numbers -
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/numberfaq/

More detail on patterned parts, in particular -
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/

This LUGNET posting gives some general advice on patterned parts
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=3571

I'd be happy to allocate the Ax pattern range to Adventurers "themes".

Chris