 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3457
3456  |  3458
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: Subfiles - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 04:47:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, ludo soete wrote:

If you think that INLINING is a better solution, how can this be done? I
have no experience with 'inline'.Is there some information available abouth
this topic?

Inlining is replacing a reference to a subfile with the code from that
file.  So if I had a part file, which had the line:

1 1 10 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 stud.dat

and I "inlined" the stud.dat, my one line would be replaced with:

1 1 10 0 0 6 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6 4-4edge.dat
1 1 10 -4 0 6 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6 4-4edge.dat
1 1 10 0 0 6 0 0 0 -4 0 0 0 6 4-4cyli.dat
1 1 10 -4 0 6 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 6 4-4disc.dat

Which are the contents of stud.dat, updated with the color, position,
and orientation information I specified in the original line.

The LDAO Editor has an Inline tool (it's the button on the editor's
toolbar with a left-pointing blue arrow and several horizontal black
lines).  Select the line(s) you want to inline, click the button, and
the inline is done. :)  If you select a lot of text, the inline
operation might take awhile to complete.

I do use Steve Bliss LDRAW ADD ON, it was a great help to copy and rotate
multiple lines. Thanks Steve for this great utility, but i'm missing a line
number 'box' in the editor. When i check the file with L3P, i get
linenumbers back witch contain errors (bad vertice sequence). So you can
imagine that an error in line 1524 is verry hard to find back, if you have
to count from 1,2,3,4,...1524.

Two things:

I've added a line/column box to the status line in the newest
development version of LDAO.  :)  But the new version isn't ready for
release yet. :(

And, if you click one of the error messages from the L3P pane/box, LDAO
will jump to the corresponding line.  LDAO is a little stupid about this
- it jumps to the *current* line number.  If you run the L3P Check tool,
then delete 10 lines from the top of your file, clicking an L3P message
will jump to the 10th line *past* the line that caused the problem.  Use
the ! button to refresh the L3P pane.

Steve