 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3442
Re: Subfiles - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:51:37 GMT

Can someone tell me what the criteria is to create a subpart, instead of
copying the whole code and rotate it a few times?

Any comment welcome.

In general it's the symmetry, the file size or many repeating items of the
part that makes sence to use subparts. In your case you can split it into
4 subparts, each one quarter of the file. So you could save filesize.

e.g. only one track-end has to be made and this could be rotated in the
mainfile around 90 degrees.

hope that helps

Bernd