 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3445
Re: Subfiles - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:34:58 GMT

But remember that file size is only a consideration if it makes a difference
to the total number of disk clusters it uses. If your disk is formatted to
have 4Kb clusters each file takes 4Kb. One 4095byte file containing inlined
code will use 1 cluster, but the same part with four references to a
1024byte subfile would use 8Kb - one cluster for the main part and one for
the subpart. Further use of subparts would increase the overall disk space
usage.

Right, but what I want to say is that if the filesize is to big the file needs
a lot of time to render. When this is splitted into subfiles the renderer only
needs to read smaller subfile. This saves rendertime.

Bernd