 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2087
Re: possible error in the usage of part 80.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 19:22:31 GMT

"koen" <koen.jordens@student.kuleuven.ac.be> writes:

looking at 80.dat it looks like you have a length of 1.8 for the
cilinder (which is probably more accurate), yet when placing 2 80's
next to eachother (like in 78.dat) this becomes 3.6, So I thought the
correct way of usage would be to have the end cilinders of 2 parts
overlap completely.

I don't know what the "correct" way to use the 80.DAT is.  In 78.DAT
they are put so that they overlap by 0.4LDU.  Yes, they do overlap in
78.DAT.  This makes the distance between the "thick parts" 3.6 - 0.4 =
3.2.

The width of the notches is 3.0LDU.  I didn't actually measure the
distance between the notches.  Instead I took a long hose, measured the
length between the centre of the end notches and counted the number of
"holes" between them.  This would probably yield a more egg-zact result.

Fredrik