 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2074
2073  |  2075
Subject:
possible error in the usage of part 80.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:25:16 GMT

I was looking at part 80 to see if it could be used in my bend thingie
program and compared to my own measurements , I thought that you had to
overlap the small segment of this part in order to have the correct length.

now, when looking at the awesome bender-model I noticed that it contained a
part 78 in which part 80 is used with non-overlaps. This makes the thinner
part look too long . Is this correct?

btw, since this part is official, I would like to use its design , yet the
overlapping small segments I would like to replace with a cilinder which
overlaps with 2 rings (in order to get a smooth curve). So I would simply
make a new part from part 80 whitout the cilinders.
Can/May I do this?

Koen