 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / *2677 (-20)
  Re: Where can I get a part number for a patterned piece?

(...) Dan, I'd recommend using the filename "3626bpDM.dat" for this DAT file. Here's a URL for a partial explanation: "(URL) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Update?

(...) Which raises the question (for me anyway) -- where can I get these parts before they're voted upon? You know, strictly for preview purposes only...honest. ;-) Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Update?

(...) M'sieur Tim, I thank you for concerning yourself about the well-being of the parts authors. I, however, am one that actually tries to design new elements *during* his work hours (because I'm usually too spread out otherwise). As for the person (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Where can I get a part number for a patterned piece?

I've almost finished the Minifig Head with Darth Maul pattern but I don't have a part number yet. I remember seeing a post a while ago with the URL to the page that keeps track of patterned part numbers but I can't find it - can anyone let me know? (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts Update?

"Orion" <pobursky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GC9L4n.Dz1@lugnet.com... (...) That's ok. Maybe for you "what gives" is a part of everyday language, but when I hear it the phrase is usually associated with complaining, so that's how I took it. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Update?

No insult or complaint was implied by my message. 'What gives?' is just my way of being curious. I've been gone for the the last few month due to the fact I'm in the U.S. Navy and was just wondering why. If you find "what gives" disheartening I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Update?

(...) This has come up enough times, after a long enough time, that perhaps some mention of this should go onto the ldraw.org front page (just after the "Contribute" blurb), or on the parts update page, or both. Cheers, - jsproat (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Update?

"Orion" <pobursky@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GC97Iy.5L2@lugnet.com... (...) Well, perhaps the fact that what you've already downloaded has been free (to you -- making it available has cost volunteers time and money) could quench some of that (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Parts Update?

Am I the only one disappointed by the fact that we haven't had a new infusion of parts in over 6 month? Maybe I missed some earlier discussion, but what gives? Orion (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Darth Maul Head part phase 3 at BrickShelf

(...) like (...) You only need optional lines where the faces of the 16-sided prism (which we call a cylinder) meet. So to make it perfect, along these intersections you should code a contiguous series of type 5 lines in the inverse LDraw colour to (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Maul Head part phase 3 at BrickShelf  [DAT]

(...) Fixed it, and turned it into a dat rather than mpd, and also fixed the missing triangle on the right side of the face. New dat attached. (...) OK, thanks. Any tips on what to do about optional lines with a pattern like this? 0 Minifig Head (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Maul Head part phase 3 at BrickShelf

(...) Good work Dan. However the left eye seems to be at the wrong angle - looks like a translation of the right eye, rather than a reflection about x. When you put the black in it is worth remembering that you will get better renditions in some (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Darth Maul Head part phase 3 at BrickShelf  [DAT]

Just uploaded my latest adjustment to my attempt at the Darth Maul minifig head part to (URL) , mpd attached. I've added eyes, all that is left to do is convert the mpd to a dat (I've used an mpd for speed to get the eyes on so I could see how they (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: "maxi-fig" hands

(...) I don't think it's official yet, but when I asked the same question some time back, Franklin Cain was kind enough to create one: (URL) Thanks again, Franklin! Dave! (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  "maxi-fig" hands

Is there an "official" LDRAW part for the old "maxi-fig" hands? The ones I'm talking about are a 1x1 round plate with an open stud and an attached tow-ball. If not, please let me know and I'll whip up a temporary one and post it. Thanks, Matt (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  9V Track power connector BOTTOM part (2913)  [DAT]

Hi, This a the BOTTOM part of the train track power connector and has its Lego part number on the innerside of the piece. The file name is called x2913.dat, so i can find it easely back at the end of my parts library. Regards, Ludo 0 9v track power (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  9V Track power connector TOP part (2912)  [DAT]

Hi, This a the TOP part of the train track power connector and has its Lego part number on the innerside of the piece. The file name is called x2912.dat, so i can find it easely back at the end of my parts library. Regards, Ludo 0 Name: x2912.DAT 0 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Quiet here?

Hello, Maybe its only me but I think it got quiet here the last weeks... I think now it is a very bad situation for people who normally like to author new parts but there is hardly a status or date know when finally the parts are released or voted (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New Part Variant : 4085C - Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical - Type 3  [DAT]

For those of you who want more accuracy in your renditions, I have created the three different versions of this part. The existing 4085.dat is closest to the current version, but I think I have improved this as 4085c.dat. Here is the third (current) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New Part Variant : 4085B - Plate 1 x 1 with Clip Vertical - Type 2  [DAT]

For those of you who want more accuracy in your classic renditions, I have created the three different versions of this part. The existing 4085.dat is closest to the current version, but I think I have improved this as 4085c.dat. Here is the second (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact