 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2540
Re: Darth Maul Head part phase 3 at BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:55:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Daniel Crichton writes:
Just uploaded my latest adjustment to my attempt at the Darth Maul minifig
head part to http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2832 , mpd
attached.

I've added eyes, all that is left to do is convert the mpd to a dat (I've
used an mpd for speed to get the eyes on so I could see how they looked!),
and to fill in the black areas inside the patterning and join it up to the
head subpart.

I thought I'd post this update so anyone who's interested can look over the
part and make any suggestions or corrections before I put the black areas in
to complete it - I've tried to make the head fit all the variations (I've
got 3 different versions here, has anyone else noticed that the early ones
had an extra red line around the outside of the pattern? My first Sith
Infiltrator had this pattern, but the one I picked up yesterday didn't and
you can see that the pattern template outer edge where it leaves a little
transparent outline is a different shape!).

Dan

Good work Dan. However the left eye seems to be at the wrong angle - looks like
a translation of the right eye, rather than a reflection about x.

When you put the black in it is worth remembering that you will get better
renditions in some renderers if you also code a type 2 line inside and along
the long axis of the long thin quads. At low-mag this will stop the red areas
merging.

Chris