 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 598
Re: [Datsville] Renovated House with Porch, Includes a Yard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:36:15 GMT

The "too tall for Fallingwater" hill? Feel free to use it.

All right, I'll--hmm, spinning it would require a caddy-corner building.
I'll do something with it--It'll save a little bit of time for me, but I'll
probably have to mirror it.

I plan to make a few more hills, to see if any of them
inspire me to a special house. Shall I make some of them
available for others to use?

I'll build off of them.

Should the edges be at ground level?

Not necessarily--maybe a two-brick high retaining wall next to the sidewalk
with steps leading up to the walkway?  I've seen many houses back home
(rural SC) on lots where the street is "sunk."  I would say build hills off
of hills, but then we have to figure out how to make a hilly road plate.

Maybe a 3x3 hill, with winding driveway, and a mansion at the top?  It'll
take up a lot of real estate, but it'd be neat.

Ponds where the landscape goes below the surrounding ground level? Random
BURP boulders?

Oooh!  I like where you're going with this.

Brian (bbq) Sauls