 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2191
2190  |  2192
Subject:
4 New Blacktron (I), 4 M-Tron and 2 Futuron/Classic Space MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:42:32 GMT

Hi,
I've uploaded some new MOCs to my website:

http://florianhaag.name/en/ldraw/space.htm

Blacktron (I):
- Starfighter
I intended to create a triangular vessel, and ended up with this
mixture of a Stealth Fighter and the Eurofighter.

- Blacktron Gripper Glider
I wanted to try a curved nose, think I'll re-use this design some time.

- Harrier
As Blacktron are supposed to be the bad guys, I suppose they sometimes
rob stuff rather than just blowing up their enemies' ships and bases,
so this is a vessel which eventually has some storage space within.

- Captured Space Police II Interceptor Mark II
Basically the same model as below, now in Blacktron I colours instead
of Space Police II.

M-Tron:
- Delivery Truck; Inspection Glider; Micro Hauler
Just some smaller experiments with parts which weren't yet available
during the M-Tron era.

- Supply Vehicle
A service vehicle reminiscent of airport luggage carriers. Probably
nice when used in a bigger scene.

Futuron:
As Classic Space and Futuron have the same symbol (the golden planet
with a red ring around), I consider them the same organization. Classic
Space didn't ever have a "real name", so I guess it must already have
been "Futuron", although this wasn't explicitely stated until around
1990.
Classic Space and Futuron suits are a bit different, so I consider them
two different uniform styles (as white was only available in the
Classic Space version, this must be the cadet's/trainee's uniform ;-)
). Note that I always use the modern helmets, also with Classic Space
suits, for we can assume the helmets have always looked that modern,
TLC just hadn't yet invented the visor parts in time ;-)

- Control Tower
Some new parts for Futuron buildings ...

- Administration Complex
Eventually, I could do another bigger base, comparable to the Space
Police Investigation Center.
Note the bigger (two-storey) room in the right part of the building;
that should make a nice mission control center (although I might build
another building some time for actual mission control).
I copied the elevator mechanism exactly from the instructions of the
town car park thing on Peeron, as I don't have those parts and thus
could not do any experiments with them.

Enjoy,
Florian