 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1932
Re: Observatory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 08:57:55 GMT

Unfortunenatly the only motors I own are these (I have 2) and an older 4.5V
one.
Another LEGO friend is busy making me some gearing to give the motor more
power.
Since I am rebuilding an revising the whole model, expect it!

Jaco

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> schreef in bericht
In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Wow!  That is cool.  It looks perfectly like an observatory, and the • moving
dome is just great.  So much realism in that!  Very cool.  And the
CAD files are nice, too.

I am trying to give the motor more power (with a little help), for now it
does not or barely move the top of the dome. Only if you do not tighten • it
to the telescope holder.

That motor you're using is the old-style technic motor thats not geared
down, so it has much less torque - you may have more luck with a new-style
one http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/71427c01 however that may rotate it • too
fast. Another possibility is the micro-motor
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2986 which would turn it nice and slow, • but
they're harder to find.

And I like the observatory 8?)

Regards