 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1931
Re: Observatory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:31:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Wow!  That is cool.  It looks perfectly like an observatory, and the • moving
dome is just great.  So much realism in that!  Very cool.  And the
CAD files are nice, too.

I am trying to give the motor more power (with a little help), for now it
does not or barely move the top of the dome. Only if you do not tighten it
to the telescope holder.

That motor you're using is the old-style technic motor thats not geared
down, so it has much less torque - you may have more luck with a new-style
one http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/71427c01 however that may rotate it too
fast. Another possibility is the micro-motor
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2986 which would turn it nice and slow, but
they're harder to find.

And I like the observatory 8?)

Regards