 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 1717
Re: carriage house / former hospital - Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, John VanZwieten writes:
WOW!  This is so very cool.  How did you create this?  How much work did it
take?  This results are just beautiful.  The zoom in/out feature is great
(and if you zoom out you can get some pretty freaky views.)

The viewer is an applet called PTViewer.  I generated the image in POVRAY.
I just finished posting how I build the POVRAY image in another thread.
You can see it here.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=1716

The total time was surprisingly small.  I converted the LDRAW model into
POVRAY with L3P.  Added a few extra lights ( The insides were very dark ).
generated the images and built the web page.  The total time was under an
hour.  Most of the time was spent trying to get the camera in the right
place and the lights in the right place.

Jimmy 8(:O))