 CAD / 9065
Re: Large LDraw/MPD Files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 06:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jason S. Mantor writes:
You can get MLCAD's response time on refreshes to be much snappier by
reducing the size of the 3D window.  The isometrics don't take much
processing power, even with large numbers of pieces.  Also try running it
under Win2k with lots'a ram.  Win 98 won't play well with more than 512megs,
but I've been pleasantly suprised by MLCAD's  response on a machine with 1
gig of ram under Win2k...  If Only it ran under Linux : )

*drool*

I'm running it under Win2k, but with only 256mb RAM. Need to upgrade... not
too familiar with prices though, and it's a laptop, so bound to be pricey.
I'd love to upgrade the HD too...20 GB just ain't enough for my MP3 usage ;-)

I've got a fair bit of registry buildup and overall slugishness, and when
I'm done with a big project in a few weeks, I'll reformat and start from
scratch. Bringing my desktop home from a friend's after Christmas and
throwing Linux on it with a friend, too :-)

-Tim