 CAD / 9052
Re: Large LDraw/MPD Files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney writes:
Has anyone had experience with HUGE LDraw files or MPD files (thousands of
parts)? What are the effects? Do they crash some programs, or make them
unusably slow? Just curious.

Thanks!

-Tim

Datsville is IMHO a HUGE model, with its 2Mb+ and several sub-models used
multiple times.

MLCAD is out of the question, but L3Lab is acceptable: 6.3-13 seconds,
depending on zoom factor and other preferences. No problem with L3P, but I
haven't even tried POV with Q>1...

/Tore