 CAD / 8425
Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 01:06:19 GMT

FUT lugnet.cad.dev

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
The smooth curves based on type 5 lines feature still seems to work only if
the part is in the LDRAW\PARTS directory

This is by design, as the smoothing it performed at the part level.  You can
force other parts to be smoothed by adding the following line to the part
dat file (near the beginning, preferably before any actual geometry):

0 Unofficial Part

(There are actually other things you can add that it will also accept, but
the above is the most appropriate.)  In version 1.9.6 LDView now pays
attention to this directive and treats the file as a part.

For some reason the sphere primitives are always showing up a light grey
color (regardless of what default color is).  I also noticed that they
briefly are the correct color when a file that uses them loads and then they
turn to light grey.

I'll look into this, but unfortunately this doesn't happen on my computer.
I've had other reports of color problems that I have been unable to
reproduce also.  I haven't yet determined if it is a bug in LDView or a bug
in the OpenGL drivers for specific video cards.  Since games generally don't
make use of the OpenGL color settings (everything they do is textured),
driver bugs in color handling are much more likely to be present than in
many other areas.

One last one: The program sometimes exits after choosing File -> Open....
This seems to happen without any predictability.  I couldn't determine any
more about this one.

Hmmm... That's the first I've heard of that one.  Have you had this happen
with 1.9.6 yet?  (Obviously you haven't had long to play with it.)  I'll
look into this as well, but unless I can make it happen on my computer, it's
very difficult to track down the cause and fix it.

Once again, thanks for your reports.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)