 CAD / 8256
Re: HHEELLPPP! parts tracker messed up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 02:06:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Dan Boger writes:
This error occures when the last character on a line (line 1 in this
case) is not x0d - the CR character.

Nitpicking - the linebreak character sequence is 0x0d0a (or \r\n (or
CR/LF)). Carriage Return (0x0d), then Line Feed (0x0a).

Adding on to my nitpickiness:

I think Dan was writing from the perspective of the PT code, which
treats the line feed character as the terminator, and the carriage
return as just an odd character at the end of the line of text...

exactly - besides, in real OSs, the line is terminated by the LF, and
the CR is the llast char on the line :)

Dan