 CAD / 7939
  "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?

(...) Yes I got what I needed, thanks. However I voted "hold" on the part. The reasons I gave in the hold had to do with the sidewall bead width, plus I found another "flaw" which I need advice on. What's the right group to discuss? cad.dat.parts? (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?

(...) Based on the charter, cad.dat.parts would not be the right group (unless the tyre had been posted to cad.dat.parts, and you posted a follow-up to that posting). But there seems to be a need for group(s) for focus(s)ed discussion of part files, (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Suggest a group ...

(...) Snipped the rest and FUT to admin.suggestions. More on the actual issue later. I would like to suggest that a group (groups?) be created for focused discussion of parts files so that cad.dat.parts can return to being a group that has dat files (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?

(...) In my opinion, this may be a valid reason to put "(needs work)" on a part. Or perhaps that's even too harsh. However, I'd much rather have this version of the part than no version at all. The "error", if it is such, is "Slightly and only (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?

(...) Good point and I would say "thanks" for resurrecting that. As a new reviewer and a non technical one at that my concern is more that I would inadvertantly let something through that was not up to the standards that others expect, because I (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: "Hold" placed on tyre (was Re: Tyre for this wheel, does it exist in the distro?

(...) This relates to what I think is something important to consider for the future development of the LDraw library: rating parts. I see advantages to adopting a rating scale like, say: Not suitable -- not yet voted on, or with errors which make (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

"TWS Garrison" <tgarrisBASSo@ISmath...urdue.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:Pine.GSO.4.44.0...due.edu... (...) I think this is a very important point! As soon as a part has the right orientation, zero point and outer dimensions, it can be _used_ for (...) (22 years ago, 14-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)