 CAD / 7838
Re: Overlapping things in general
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:54:40 GMT

A related question on overlap:

Anything that is flexible either needs to be modeled at every possible
curvature or needs to have an atomic unit that is small enough to look good
at various bend radii.

The flextube model technique (with ends and segments) does this. I did it
for my string model (which I would release if there is general interest, but
realise that it's not high quality, it's just "good enough for me")

That atomic unit has straight ends. Hence there is overlap unit to unit. Is
this bad? Good? Indifferent? The overlap will usually not be coplanar though.

The tubing is a solid color. But my string model is not. It's black and grey
for reasons of simulating the highlighting/shadowing that you get from black
string.