 CAD / 7837
Re: Overlapping quads/triangles for patterns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:49:43 GMT

Hi

I'll add my 2 cents as the author of LDView.  This won't usually cause any
visual problems, but it can.  If you enable specular in LDView, it's
possible for the shininess to be different on the two, resulting in noise
where they overlap.  It's not all that likely to be very visible, but it
could happen.

In addition, although I don't think this effects any patterns, if there is
ever overlap on a part that is transparent, the overlapped part might get
drawn twice, and be visible.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

I only used overlap for an some letters, like "X", in a pattern or the red
cross. For all the surrounding polygons I don't use overlap. Another effect
when not using overlaps is that you can see a small gap between two or more
adjescent polygons of a pattern.

Niels Karsdorp