 CAD / 7727
Re: Unmatrix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 02:12:23 GMT

And for those interested...

I started making a DAT import function for AutoCAD, so that I could import
them easier into 3D Studio MAX/VIZ (and do some additional work on the
models to speed up the render times... for example.. remove studs that are
completely sorrounded by another opaque block.)

But... AutoCAD isn't very happy with nonuniform scaling, except if you
insert blocks... and these values has to be specified
in the separate x, y and z values....

And why do I bother? Because animation is soooo much easier in 3ds
max/viz....

I "borrowed" the a66 mecha from J. Sproat and made this little walk :
http://www.lie.hn.org/a66-2.avi
(You'll need the divx codec)

THL

"Trond Hasse Lie" <lietro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hello.

I need (don't ask why) to pick the scale/rotation matrix from a • dat/ldr-file
into it's XYZ-Rotation/scale values.
i.e. I need to get:
Scaling/Rotation in the X-axis
Scaling/Rotation in the Y-Axis
Scaling/Rotation in the Z-axis

I've seen a little program at Graphicgems that does this, however it's a C
program and I really don't understand much of what
the code says.

Does anyone have some psuedocode on how to do this?

Regards,

Trond Hasse Lie