 CAD / 7699
7698  |  7700
Subject:
Modeling String
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:35:43 GMT

I would like to model some LEGO string. Has this been done before? Do people
have suggestions on how to do it?

The string doesn't have to be too high fidelity, just a thin (but non zero
thickness) straight black line, as it will be taut between two tangential
points when rendered. Mostly I'm looking to see something representative in
POVray when I render.

I suppose I could use a tubing segment, scaled down to the correct thickness
and stretched in length but if something else was available that would be great.

Forgive me if this was asked and answered already. I did a search using the
subject as my search string but didn't get too many hits. I also searched
for x77 and x127 (part numbers used at Peeron that I found using this query:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=string&limit=parts )