 CAD / 7707
Re: Modeling String
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:09:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Thomas Burger writes:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/6596/lego/unofpart.html
several years ago i attempted at th string ends

Thanks for that and it may come in handy. I am just doing loose string
though rather than the kind with the molded studcaps. I subsequently posted
a string segment that I ended up using. It's way too long to work as Rosco
described (but I think his approach is much more general) for
curves,catenaries and the like, it only works for taut straight string, and
only hints at the braided appearance that string has, but at the resolution
I needed it for, it worked fine.

I guess I mostly just posted it because it's the first thing I ever made out
of triangles and quads as opposed to already authored parts!