 CAD / 7700
Re: Modeling String
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:43:10 GMT

I'm working on a program that simlulates strings as braided coils and lots
of splines in POV-RAY.  I'm tyring to get the catenary curves right so it
looks like it's tension is supporting it's weight....   Hopefully, I'll get
some time to finish it next week : )

                            -Xanthra47
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
I would like to model some LEGO string. Has this been done before? Do • people
have suggestions on how to do it?

The string doesn't have to be too high fidelity, just a thin (but non zero
thickness) straight black line, as it will be taut between two tangential
points when rendered. Mostly I'm looking to see something representative • in
POVray when I render.

I suppose I could use a tubing segment, scaled down to the correct • thickness
and stretched in length but if something else was available that would be • great.

Forgive me if this was asked and answered already. I did a search using • the
subject as my search string but didn't get too many hits. I also searched
for x77 and x127 (part numbers used at Peeron that I found using this • query:

http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=string&limit=parts )